Changing your wallpaper is one of the best ways to make your phone feel new and exciting again. After all, it’s the first thing you look at after pulling out your phone and unlocking it.
No matter what style you prefer, you can always find a wallpaper that suits you and represents how you feel. But sometimes, a static wallpaper just doesn’t cut it.
So, let’s get creative and see how you can set a video as your lock screen and home screen wallpaper on your Samsung device.
How to Set a Video as Your Lock Screen Wallpaper
You don’t need any third-party app to put a video as your Lock screen wallpaper. You can do so directly from the Samsung Gallery app. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Samsung Gallery app and pick out your desired video.
- Tap the three dots menu and select Set as wallpaper > Lock screen.
- If your video is too long, press the scissors icon to trim it down to 15 seconds or less, and then tap on Done. Note that live video wallpapers can’t be more than 100MB in size.
- Once done, tap Set on Lock screen, and you’re good to go.
The video you set will automatically play when you lock your Samsung Galaxy phone and head to the lock screen.
How to Set a Video as Your Home Screen Wallpaper
Setting a video as your Home screen wallpaper is slightly more complicated than doing so for the Lock screen. To do so, you will need to download an additional app.
Once downloaded, follow the steps below. Note that the process is a bit of a workaround; the app doesn’t allow setting videos as your home screen wallpaper directly.
- Launch Good Lock and find the Wonderland module under the Family menu. Upon tapping the module, the app will redirect you to the Galaxy Store, where you can install it.
- Open Wonderland and tap New > Gallery and select an image; don’t worry, it won’t be visible in the final result.
- Tap the App to Layer button at the bottom right of your screen and select Video. Choose your desired video from your gallery, adjust its length, and tap Done. The video will appear on top of the image you chose earlier. Simply resize the video to cover the screen preview fully, and then tap on Save. Give this custom preset a name and tap Save again.
- Once done, you’ll see a preview of your video wallpaper. If you’re happy with the result, tap on Set as wallpaper, then select whether to apply it to just the home screen or both the home and lock screens.
- If you’re unhappy with the final result, you can always go back to the Wonderland module and edit your saved preset.
Make sure your video has enough resolution and is in the correct dimensions before setting it as your wallpaper, or the result might appear blurry. For instance, if your phone has a QHD screen and you use a video with Full HD resolution, the wallpaper might be distasteful.
Jazz Up Your Screen With a Video Wallpaper
Static wallpapers are all too common; if you’re looking for something to jazz up your screen, a solid video wallpaper can work wonders. The Samsung Good Lock app lets you customize your live wallpaper in various ways. You can add text, stickers, shapes, and particle effects such as snow, raindrops, stars, bubbles, and more on top of your live wallpaper.