How to Share Your Location on Facebook Messenger
We often have to share our location with our loved ones when we are traveling to meet them. Several apps allow you to share your location with others, but Messenger makes it super simple.
Here, we will explain how to share your live location and pin any desired location using Facebook Messenger.
How to Share Your Live Location in Facebook Messenger
To share your live location via Facebook Messenger, follow these steps:
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app.
- Open the contact you want to share your location with.
- In the bottom-left corner, click the Plus (+) icon.
- Tap on the Direction (arrow) symbol.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- Permit Messenger to use your location.
- Tap on the Start Sharing Live Location button.
By following the above steps, you will be able to send your live location to your contact. Your location will update in real-time, so the person you’ve shared it with can follow your progress.
Once you reach your destination or you want to stop sharing your live location, click on Stop Sharing Location.
How to Share a Pinned Location in Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger also allows you to share any other point on the map instead of your current location by pinning it.
Follow these simple instructions to send a pinned location:
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app and open a chat with the person you want to share your location with.
- Next, tap on the Plus (+) icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Tap on the Pin icon on the map.
Here, you have two ways to pin a specific location. Either manually drag the pin to your desired location and hit the Send Location button or enter a location in the search field and hit the Share icon next to it.
This is how you can easily share your live location or pin a random one easily. After sharing your location, make a habit of deleting your Facebook location history so that Facebook won’t be able to spy on you for too long.
Share Live Location or Pin It Through Facebook Messenger
Whether you’re sharing your live location or a pinned position, Facebook Messenger makes navigation easier for you and your loved ones.
Besides Messenger, A few other Android apps also allow you to find your friends via GPS, such as Glympse, Family Locator, Geo Tracker, etc.